Tuesday, January 29, 2013

IT IS FINISHED


 
 
FINALIZE…that is the final word for this little journey here on the Front Porch.  There will be one more word tomorrow, so hope you do get to stop by one more day.

 

FINAL…FINISHED…COMPLETED, NO MAS, NO MORE, THE END...CLOSED…words that evoke mixed feelings: sadness, gladness, relief, sense of accomplishment.  At this time all jumbled together:

Sadness… in the sense I will not be visiting with you as much as I have the past 28 days...

Gladness…I will not be visiting with you as much as I have in the past 28 days (haha)

Relief…’I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith’.  Whew…a lot of time, energy, more time and energy put into these little visits.

Sense of accomplishment: I stuck to it…setting aside time, pouring body, soul and spirit into each day’s visit…much like a marathon runner….when they hit the finish line

How did this journey begin?

As most do…one idea, one thought, one step at a time.

Looking back at 2012…survived…some good times, bad times. Good memories, bad memories, great accomplishments, utter failures, much laughter…even more tears.

Looking into 2013...what will it hold?  More of the same?  Maybe…hope not …hope better, gentler and kinder…So one thought led to another and another…and words…rapid fire words…all ending in ‘ize’.  Tomorrow I will SUMMARIZE those words.

Anyway, wrote them down and ended up with 2…hence the 28 day journey.

I would look at the list, ponder the meaning, pray about its significance in my life...jot down thoughts, scriptures, experiences, memories, significant points…pull it all together...edit, edit some more, set it up on the blog…post…looking back not even sure how it all came together…pocket of time- here-there-little or no TV time….but this season has come to an end.

I recall a scene from Forest Gump…when for some reason he was inspired to RUN…run from east to west, north to south. RUN…day and night….one day he was running and stopped…no real significant spot…just stopped…he was finished…this journey has been something like that…’time to finish and move on’.

So on the is word: it is important to FINALIZE what is started….not always possible…but one thing we all MUST complete and FINALIZE is our race, our work, our walk, our calling…for the Lord…for that is the GREAT RACE!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment