Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"TELL YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN!"

Good Morning from the front porch. IT’S COLD! and icy! Watch your step!

Therefore, an unexpected day off from school! The ice and cold weather is not a ‘norm’ here in North Texas BUT this is a cold front that has most of the mid-west to east in a freezy grip.

Talked to Mom in Northern Ky. They have several inches of snow, then ice and expected more snow. I can deal with this stuff vs. that stuff. It is expected to be gone by noon. That’s what I love about TEXAS!

Anyway, talked to Tim last night. Had not got to talk with him for a few days. He stays in touch pretty much..even with his super busy schedule. His church is going through a transition as Pastor Carter is ‘retiring’. I gave my tribute to him in an earlier blog. He has been a tremendous influence in Tim’s life and ministry this past 5 years. Tim chided me for telling some of his childhood adventures…I teasingly told him, ‘he’s just the kinda kid that had a lot of stories’.


Today I want to give each a little tribute. Love ya guys and those wonderful spouses you were given and all those extra special grandkiddos!

I can’t say enough of how proud the Preacher and I are of our children! I’m not just a proud ‘momma’, I am a blessed one indeed! Each of them are excelling and thriving in their own ‘little corner of the world’. Read Julie’s blog about her latest blessing! Julie has always excelled in whatever she endeavored to do. I remember when we lived in Maryland, she was in HS and taking some advanced courses, oh such as calculus and physics. and after her ‘chores’ aka dishes, etc. She would go to her room and her little desk and spend an average of 3 hours working on homework! That’s dedication! That’s determination! That’s Julie! We love and are proud of you Julie! Julie has a gift for communicating, writes some of the most heartfelt tributes in her birthday, Christmas cards. I still have several “Julmark” cards she made throughout the years. Julie has a promotion …vice president of something…sorry can’t keep these titles straight. Hey, maybe the future President of the United States…She could do it. Julie, you have mine and the Preacher’s vote. Thanks Julie, for all you are and have allowed God to accomplish through you!

Read Lori’s blog and find out her strengths. No, she’s not out there in the rat race –not everyone
is called to go into that ‘mission’ field. However, she excels as a wife, mother, pastor’s wife, daughter, sister… She is building the lives of her sons-home schooling-something I know I could never have done. She is a Proverbs 31 gal indeed. Good job, Lori! We love you and are proud of you! Lori is patient, standing by her ‘men’-would fight a roaring tiger if needed to protect her little guys and her ‘big guy’. I don’t know how Lori has been able to take her resources and accomplish all that she has…such as be a stay at home mom, keep her guys fed, clothed in want of nothing. Lori keeps in touch, calling, concerned, always keeping connected! Thanks Lori.

Joe..as I stated in an earlier blog…a preacher’s preacher…with a passion and vision far beyond his tender years. When I have the honor of sitting under his ministry, I am in awe of the intensity and passion with which he delivers the Word. Deep. Challenging. Cutting in to the soul…to te marrow and quick of our being…in order that we would become bigger and better for God’s Kingdom. He has a vision for building God’s Kingdom. He’s not afraid to tackle any assignment…not one to settle for ‘business as usual’ but has a zeal not seen too often in our day of ‘cushion and comfort’ in the church. We have seen him come through some battles and emerge triumph. (HMMMM, maybe that’s why he is currently serving at CHRIST TRIUMPH CHURCH!). We love you, Joe and are proud of you! Joe is not one for a lot of ‘chit chat’ on the phone…we don’t ‘hear’ from him via the phone very often. That’s Ok, Joe, I understand…more than you know. But he ‘twits-think that’s a word and we keep up with him- ( I am told I need to get into the twitter’ age….I am considering this guys….I’m not as tech illiterate as I appear sometimes!) BUT he does take time to come visit us and bring his little family to see us. Thanks Joe!

Tim, we come to Tim. “The Baby” (see an earlier blog on the significance of this title). Tim, much like the others, has had their ‘moments’, their challenges, their trials, their testings, their mountains and valleys. I think that is called ‘LIFE”. Anyway, back to Tim, we are so thankful he found his ‘place in this world’. We knew he had gifts and calling in the music ministry. But he also has proven he is a leader and gifted in training and equipping others in the ministry. Love ya Timbo..so proud of you. A side note….to show his wisdom…..a year or so ago when Preacher was going through a very difficult time here in the ministry at Prosper…(another blog ..another day). Tim called EVERDAY for about a month, the entire time this trial was going on, asking the Preacher how he was doing and praying with him and for him. Thanks Tim!

There is not a day, most days, several times a day, that I think of them, pray for them, wonder what they are doing, how they are doing, what the 8 grandkiddos are up to. I have pictures of everyone-everywhere. Julie in her thoughtfulness bought me one of those new fangled digital photo frames, I took it to school and I turn it on daily and get a dose of my family, my wonderful family.

So, children if you read this, know the Preacher and I love you and are so very blessed by each of you. Are you four perfect? I think not…who is? I’ll be the first to admit I am not…and you are who you are in spite of me and my fumbling around as a mother. You are what you as sons and daughters, as husbands and wives, as sisters and brothers, as parents, as men and women of God, as employees, as church members, as ministers and missionaries, as ‘people’ because you have committed and submitted your lives, hearts and souls unto the Lord. You have spent time on the “Potter’s Wheel’ and allowed Him to mold and make you into the vessels of honor, fit for
His use! Now, take all that you have learned, all you have experienced, and all that you are and ‘transfer it, carry it, hand it, to the next generation-as I know that you are. That’s what it is really about…..’tell your children and your children’s children.. Acts 2:39…”For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as he Lord our God will call”.

From my ‘chilly’ front porch to yours….stay warm and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment