Thursday, April 16, 2009

TWO HANDSOME GUYS!



Hello…from the front porch. Glad you stopped by..

I pray this was a blessed day in the Lord. When you think about it they all are…if we are walking, talking, breathing and moving with the Lord. Acts 17:28….”in HIM we live, move and have our being”.

This reminds me of our son Joe. He and his lovely little family came and visited us this past summer….seems like we don’t get to see them often enough. But time and distance can be enemies when trying to keep contact with the family. Hope we can see more of them ….soon. Anyway, Joe preached an incredible sermon from this scripture. Some of our church folks still mention it and it was a feast for the spiritual soul…a banquet. Joe has an incredible gift of the “Gabbard’ gab I call it. He can communicate the gospel in such a way that even something that I have read and I know that I know takes on new depth…he seems to be able to dig a little deeper and find a richer meaning to it. We are so very proud of all of children.


Tim, not to be left in his brother’s dust…..Always insisted he is not a ‘preacher’…..Well, we all have our ‘gifts and callings’….he can certainly hold his own in the pulpit….while not in the same way Joe does. However, if you can lead/preach/teach/exhort/sow seeds and over 100 souls be saved in one weekend…..something good is happening! Way to go TIM!

So, today I have selected a couple of pictures of these two men to share. It was sure a grand adventure ‘raising them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord’….and as I say again and again….look what God has done in spite of me and my mistakes..


Have a great day guys and keep up the good work!!

Guys, I love it when you stop by the ‘virtual’ front porch….hope to see you and your family soon on the ‘front porch in Texas’ soon.


Until then……..

No comments:

Post a Comment