Friday, February 20, 2009

Martha has TWINS!!


Welcome to the front porch!


Turned out to be a beautiful day! Cooped up inside all day…but love it when I can get out for a few minutes.


The big arrival happened sometime early this morning. I ‘felt’ like going to the barn around 6:00 AM ish on my way out the door to work and SURPRISE…Martha had not one but two little lambs!! Boy and girl…Thomas and Tabitha. So far I’ve named my sheep biblical names….Mary, Martha, Lazarus (daddy to the little ones) Samson, Rebecca, Susanna who arrived 1/31 and now little Thomas and Tabitha. I’ll attempt to post pics. Maybe even throw in some of the other barnyard animals.

Preacher even got a little excited about the dynamic duo! He does not get excited about anything in the barnyard…unless it is to work on one of my projects which he will do BUT is not a happy camper doing it (what does this saying mean anyway???). Then his excitement includes a rise in his blood pressure and a grumble or two or three....anyway

What will I do with these sheep? They will be pets unless I find a really good home for them. Mary and Martha, I hand bottle fed and raised them.... so as long as I can walk and have the space-they’ll be with me. I sold Lazarus, Samson, Rebecca last fall. Lazarus was a really handsome guy! He had the large horns and would eat out of my hand, loved to be petted, brushed and scratched behind his ear….like a big puppy dog….He ate and ate and got so fat…then he started picking on my mini horses …he would sneak up on them and ‘ram’ them (they are not called rams for nothing) and knock them down or stun them pretty good. Charlie,the chocolate colored mini, kicked him pretty good a couple of times and knocked Lazarus down…BUT he just didn’t get it…leave my horses alone or ELSE!…. So it was the 'else',,,, A guy came along and offered to buy both Lazarus and the little ram (Samson)... Samson was a sweetie…very shy and Lazarus even rammed him a couple of times....So, I saw $$$ and thought, won’t have to feed them all winter…I know Mary And Martha are with lamb…so why not???

Anyway, back up to 5 sheep now. The babies are so adorable…wobbly and so innocent and defenseless….like...... THE LAMB…slain from the foundation of the world. After being around sheep-especially lambs-I sure get why our Savior was referred to as the Lamb........

Anyway, gonna try to show you the pictures of the newest little duo….Susanna is growing.... she seems 3 or 4 times bigger than the twins now! She will take off running and jump straight up in the air like a ….”spring lamb I do enjoy my little farm….Preacher is usually fussing about all the work and $$ (opps) BUT hopefully someday he can see how much enjoyment my little farm brings me. I see God’s handiwork and beauty all around each time I am in the barnyard…even shoveling manure. I am amazed at the balance and way His creation works in harmony….until man messes it up.


So thanks for stopping by and enjoy your little visit on Grannies Barnyard!

Until next time...on the front porch!

2 comments:

  1. The new lambs are so cute! I bet that was exciting. I love their names too. I'm glad we will get to see them in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the babies. I need to bring the boys to see them. Have a wonderful weekend.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete