Tuesday, May 12, 2009

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL






Good evening from the Front Porch,

A beautiful spring day and equally great evening.

Just finished feeding the critters at Grannie’s Barnyard. The latest additions are doing very well. Camryn KIKI is back! He came meowing up the pasture like he was so glad to be home! I picked him up and welcomed him back scolded him for being gone so long and not telling us goodbye! He seemed a little thin. However, Winston does not like KIKI at all. He started barking, Kiki jumped out of my arms and he was off. Winston continued barking, KIKI hissing. I finished feeding everyone including the ducks and then coaxed KIKI back, scooped him up and took him up to the garage for a good meal. He was starving. However, Destiny aka Bushy hissed and tried to attack him. Poor KIKI ! He seems so tuff but he doesn’t like being barked at or hissed at. I don’t blame him.


Great Mother’s Day! Perhaps the very best! Talked to all the kiddos, had a couple visit, one stayed over for a few days and is still here. Very thoughtful gifts, touching cards and good phone calls.

Best of all is to have the grandkids around…sorry big kids you had your day! Camryn and Kaden accompanied me to the barnyard for egg gathering, critter feeding and walking the dogs around the pond. I am attaching some pictures.

I should have more kiddos visit Memorial Day weekend! Lori and the Garza guys will be coming in, Tim and Gabbard Gaggle will come in to celebrate Kaylin’s 5th birthday and Memorial Day. Julz and the Cubbage Crew will be here in some form and Joe and his J’s won’t be able to come but we are planning a Big July Gathering…so that will be something to look forward to.


Anyway, need to go check on a sleeping Karson….feed him and have some fun, fun, fun!

Well, overall there are many challenges..but the bottom line.....It is well with my soul....from the front porch!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Keke is back I thought he got hurt and wouldn't come back. He really scared me:( Tell Winston to stop barking at him:|

    ReplyDelete