Sunday, January 9, 2011

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW AND IT DID!!


And snow it did...an unusual site here in the barnyard!



A WINTER WONDERLAND




Tim's car.....snowbound!


The path to the barnyard...snow covered-but beautiful!


Yes, it did snow today....big flakes, wet the kind that sticks to the trees and roads and everything.  It would have been great snowman weather...no grandkids around to do that and frankly I'm getting too old and its just too cold for me and the Preacher to frolic in the snow.

Instead, we went to church-had a good service...slip and slid all the way home...to a Sunday dinner of ribs, mac and cheese, veggies, bread and a brownie dessert.  Cozy fire and hot coffee made the afternoon perfect!

He took a nap, and me I did the usual ...farm chores, house chores and catching up on this and that.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by the snowy....cold front porch.  By the way...at the end of the week temps will be back in the 60's.......go figure!  IT'S TEXAS! 


4 comments:

  1. Just set up my blog account this morning! We had a lot of snow fall in Atlanta last night (several inches). Followed by ice this morning -it has immobilized the city. Looks like Lisa & I will be staying put for awhile - at least for a couple of days. Thanks for sharing with me. It can get a little lonely here when Dave is out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The snow looks beautiful. We would love to see snow here. Were you off from school today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char!!!So glad we connected...I facebook but blogging seems to fit Lori's and my style a little better. Take a peak at her blog..she does a great job and got me started in all this! Anyway, I look forward to 'seeing' you onthewhitehouseonthehill! You can connect to Joe's and Tim's blog from her blog-I haven't taken the time to set up links to other blogs. Although they do more facebooking. Funny I do some facebooking but mainly looking to keep up with the kiddos and what they are up to. Pretty neat. By the way...Atlanta is a mess!!!Worse than here....I'm sure Dave is caught in some of this travel mess. I agree you and Miss Lisa will stay in and stay warm and cozy. I look forward to visiting your blog...start clicking away at that camera and post some pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lori...it was something else!!! It kept snowing and snowing and snowing!! YES WE HAD SCHOOL BUT NO ONE AROUND HERE DID!! McKinney closed, Princeton, etc. Dallas and Garland had very little snow. BUT Dallas had MAJOR ice this morning and the freeways were tied up for hours.
    I will try to talk to you soon...my sister Char has set up a blog.....I suggested she take a peek at yours.....Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete