Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


A hearty welcome to 2010 and all of you from the front porch! Most of us are so glad for the 'new beginning'. A friend commented that it's just 'turning the page on a calendar'. True, but there is something new, fresh and exciting about beginning a new year-especially if the one we just survived was so difficult.

I am embarking on a 21 day journey-a spiritual seeking and searching to perhaps help me make sense of some of the events that 'went down' in 2009. Difficult questions, difficult times, difficult situations-difficult. A year ago if someone would have given me a heads up about some of the difficult situations that I would find myself in-I would never have believed it. But, nevertheless, here I am.

Preacher is doing a sermon series on "A New Year and A New You". Good stuff. We can't change other people. But we can change ourselves. It's not easy. I'm finding that out in just this first day of the journey. Old routines, old habits, old mindsets. We are such creatures of comfort and habit.

I'm believing for a 'breakthrough or breakout' which ever comes first.

So, as I look into 2010 I feel it is a time to 'press in'. Press into the Lord and His presence, protection and power. Press into Him just as the woman with the issue of blood did and touch Him. Press into the Word.

So from the front porch, Happy Blessed New Year. And by the way enjoy the little snowfall we had a few days ago. There's s'no'w place like home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on a 21 day journey as well, and I love the picture, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture too! And it looks like it was taken from your front porch!

    ReplyDelete